Since, children’s vacation started there is not one single day without an outing or an outdoor meal. All have been craving for home food. So I decided before our stomach expires, cook a simple daily food, and give all of our health a break from the fancy food.
Dal-Chaval most light and good to stomach Indian meal! A meal which most of us have grown up eating. In addition, the legumes are high in protein and fibre content which is good for health.
Finally, let us start:
- Take pressure cooker as in 3 whistles it cooks the dal quickly.
- All you need to do is take one cup Tur Dal (pigeon peas) to make it tastier mix (Massor, Moong & Tur dal together).
- Add a pinch of affosodia (hing), turmeric, 1 large tomato chopped, 1 green chilly finely chopped. Give around 3-4 whistle and dal is boiled.
For Dal Tadka
- Had kept it simple , added 1 tbsp ghee, then jeera seeds , 4 strands of garlic finely chopped, once all little brown add the onion and cook till golden brown.
- Turn the gas add this to the boiled dal and give one boil to dal.
- Turn of the flame; garnish the dal with little black pepper powder, chopped coriander.
- Serve this with plain Basmati rice and with a papad on sides.
- Take 1-cup rice; wash them in water, then put into a deep vessel, add 4 cups of water, 1tsp salt and keep for boiling.
- Keep stirring in between. Once ready, drain the water, serve the rice in a plate, add dal tadka and ting of ghee / amul butter and here its ready to eat.
- 1 cup of mixed dals (Massor, Moong & Tur)
- Water 2 cups (Dal) & 4 cups (Rice)
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 4 garlic strands, finely chopped
- ½ tsp – Salt, Turmeric, Black pepper, Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 large tomato, onion finely chopped
- 1 fine chopped Green chili
- Coriander finely chopped for décor
- 1 tbsp ghee / Amul butter/ oil