Travelling abroad with kids isn’t that reasonable or easy task. An international family vacation requires a lot of preparation be it budget or information of the place one would visit. Here are few ways, prior going to Europe I and my husband have started preparing our kids to travel internationally.
- Make your kids aware of the place you are planning to visit. This can be done by taking them along when meeting your travel agent or showing the pictures of the place.
- Ask them to read and be your guide, this is extremely fun as kids would love to be care takers of their parents also it will make you feel at home in foreign land.
- Learn in simple terms and words used by foreign people. You can get stickers or list of phrases used often by Europeans. The culture plays a vital role, as parents we decided Europe as it’s much more friendly spot for family vacation than America.
- European families enjoy travelling and tourist much more than American counterparts. You can enjoy a cup of coffee in a café at same time carefree allow your child to make, play outdoors with Italian friends.
- This one advice is for parents, it’s good if you have ample money and fond of holidaying abroad but ensure to take kids when they are in grade level i.e. capable to walk day long with a back pack, ready to eat what is served and enjoy outdoors. This will make your life and trip easier.
- Let your kids be themselves, take initiatives, gather memories of their new experiences be ready to support them and have their own good time.
- Do have precautionary measures too – decide a place to meet in case due to crowd your kids get separated. Give them a copy of your hotel address and contact number. Also be cautious in public spaces, as the child proofing differs than in India. Like your 5th floor of hotel may have wide windows without railing.
- Help your kids, to connect in swiftly, teach google maps and its reading as well make them familiar with nearby police stations or places where they can approach for help in times of emergency .