Everybody knows Bangalore as the IT hub of India. But, very less people know about the fun, the awesome climate, tourist spots, the five star resorts and the delicious cuisine of Bangalore. I am Sunita Katoch, a workaholic! But when I am not in a mood to work, I pack my back and head away to any destination which catches my fancy!
This time I had taken a weekend off from my work and made plans of visiting Bangalore. Well, I didn’t wanted to explore the city, my plan was just to check into one of the luxurious and exotic resorts of Bangalore and cool my heels and enjoy the royal touches!
I have heard a lot about the resorts in Bangalore but I was not sure on what to choose as there was a wide array of choices.
Finally I narrowed down and shortlisted the top 5 luxury resorts in Bangalore for my stay, after a lot of comparing done on the services provided by each one of them. They were: The Shreyas Retreat, Discovery Village, Ankit Vista Green Village, Goldfinch Retreat and Olde Bangalore Resort. To be frank, I liked all the 5 resorts, and was in a total confusion on which to choose. I started with the Shreyas Retreat and then proceeded to the next in my list.
The Shreyas Retreat offered
- Pool side cottages and tented garden cottages in the lush green atmosphere
- Pleasant, disciplined and calm stay away from the hush of city life
- Sophisticated spa treatments, and provision for yoga and meditation
- Organic farm giving a unique experience to the visitors.
The Discovery Village also made a great pull,
- Offers perfect cottages, ideal for romantic honeymoon couples
- Close to tourist spots like Muneshwara swamy temple, Bangalore palace, Bolare Dam, and many more interesting places.
- Vegetarian and non vegetarian delicacies provided at the multi cuisine in house restaurant.
Finally when it came to Ankit Vista Green Village, I put a sudden break and booked the room here as its beauty really tugged at my heart strings!
The minute I stepped into this haven of peace and tranquillity, I could feel the tension and strain ebb away from my body as it was an oasis amidst tall trees and long stretches of greenery. The multi cuisine restaurant named Thripthi Greens which serves Chinese to Continental and the outdoor swimming pool side restaurant Spoorthy really were our hub and the whole family enjoyed very well amidst the hearty hospitality. I bid the resort goodbye with a vow in my heart to visit it again for my next holiday!